Wednesday 20 April 2016

Ink Drops Stationary Package

This week's post is a little different to usual, as it's not a beauty box i'm reviewing.. It's a stationary package. I am the typical secretary (my full-time job) - the smell of new post-it notes, the feeling of a fresh notepad and the idea of cute pushpins and paperclips excite me! If you're not like this, that will all sound very weird to you, but to those fellow stationary lovers, this one's for you.

When I was doing my research for the top 3 beauty boxes, I stumbled across the Ink Drops Website, and it seemed like the perfect fit for my life. I love writing letters and having packages delivered, and if it helps me to control my Paperchase addiction slightly then i'm all for it. Their story on their site really made me want to buy this box; two friends who love stationary and old-fashioned writing created this company and as far as I can tell it has remained a small company as they both still have other occupations too. 


I waited a while for this box, but it could of course just been the cross over between months so that didn't really bother me. The first thing that stood out to me was that I received it in an envelope. I was expecting a box, because the description was a 'UK Stationary Subscription Box'. I don't know about you, but I love re-using the beauty boxes so it was a disappointment that it was just a plain brown envelope. However, I still can get over that.


Here are the contents of my box that wasn't a box:




In the above picture, it shows: a vintage camera greeting card, a small tulip greeting card, pink flamingo paperclips, postage stamp stickers and scented gel pens. 

To say I was underwhelmed opening this package is an understatement. My friend actually subscribed at the same time as myself and she was more than disappointed too. I feel like the box doesn't have a clear sense of their target market. I don't know anyone that I would send a small tulip flower too, as that's probably for an older audience.. But then, what middle age person wants to use scented gel pens and use stickers? The only product that I would genuinely use are the camera card and the flamingo paper clips, as let's be honest, they are adorable. 

I did my research and tried to tally up the value of what was in the box. I couldn't price the gel pens or the flamingo paper clips but they rest came to just over £6.00 (and the company probably got a discount for buying in bulk). There's no way that the two items I couldn't price were worth more than £9. The price of the box was £15.45 (including pp). 

Thanks for reading! 

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x