Friday 22 April 2016

Bumble & Bumble Surf Set Review

Many a time have I been in Boots and i've picked up a Bumble & Bumble product but then put it back. I'm not going to lie to you - hair products with higher price tags scare me. With most of their products hitting around the £20 mark that's enough to put me off when i've not tried the product first. Hair products can be so hit and miss - so travel sets are a great way to sample the product before diving in to buy the whole thing. 

There was a time when I wouldn't leave the house without either having my hair styled or tied back. I'm a very one or the other type person - either fully styled or not at all. I have quite wavy hair but it's not wavy enough to do nothing to it, and it can get quite frizzy. I decided to buy the Surf Set from B&B as it had the salt spray in too. 




Shampoo

The shampoo came in 60ml and I really love the packaging. The first thing I noticed was that when I was in the shower, the bottle was really hard to squeeze. It's never a good sign when you can't even get the product out the bottle. The smell is incredible though - it actually reminds me of being by the sea on holiday. This product is called 'foam wash' shampoo, which confuses me because it was the hardest thing to try and lather up. I had to use a pretty substantial amount of product to feel like my hair was actually clean. It did leave my hair smelling really good though! The full sized shampoo is £18.50 for 250ml. I definitely won't be switching my normal shampoo for this product unfortunately. 


Conditioner


This also came in a 60ml bottle with the same packaging. This conditioner was okay, it left my hair feeling soft and smelling nice. I wouldn't say it was any better than your standard L'Oreal or Garnier and the fact that it is so expensive means I won't be purchasing the full sized product at £20.50. 


Salt Spray


I really liked the packaging of this spray, the bottle is covered in a sort of matt plastic coating and it feels really nice. I liked the spray the first couple of times I used it, but as I continued to use it I slowly got put off. I really don't like the smell of this product, it doesn't smell nice at all and unfortunately it sticks in your hair for ages. Once I was put off by the smell, I decided that I wasn't sure if the spray was actually doing anything to my hair... It kind of left my hair a bit frizzy and heavy. I can't really complain though as I got the full sized 125 ml which is usually £22.00 and I think the entire set was only £18.00.


 I really liked being able to try these products out without splashing on the full sized products - and i'm glad I didn't as I was left disappointed. I'm not going to let that put me off trying more of their products, it's possible that these products just aren't suited to my hair type. I will be trying their standard hair products soon and i'll let you know how I get on. 



Have you tried any Bumble & Bumble products? Can you recommend products for me to try next?

Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x