Monday 4 July 2016

Beauty Box Journey - Birch Box #4

Yes, you read right this is #4 of the beauty box journey! Me being me, I left it too late to cancel my subscriptions for this month so I will be receiving a 4th box for each subscription. I'm secretly happy that I forgot because it means I get one more box of each to look forward to *silently cheers*. 


This month's Birch Box is a bit different. Instead of the usual box, it is a drawer-style box in two designs; either palm trees or pineapples, I got palm trees. It just gives a summery feel as soon as you open it. The box looked pretty full so I was excited to go through it!



The first product that caught my eye was the Cynthia Rowley Brightening Illuminator. I think this got my attention because I received a kohl eyeliner from this brand in my second Birch Box. I had never heard of this brand before then but I love the eyeliner so I'm really looking forward to using this. It is basically a liquid highlighter and my first impression when I tested it on my hand is that it's beautiful - a really bold shimmer so I imagine you should use it sparingly!





Next, I received a Percy & Reed London Hairspray. I've never heard of this brand before but I really like their style of packaging. I always use hairspray so this will come in handy plus it's the perfect size for travelling!



I have tried a couple of products from Monu Spa now and I've been pleasantly surprised; this product is their Enriched Body Cream. With summer being here, I am really enjoying moisturising my body so I will definitely be trying this. It has a real spa-like scent to it so I can imagine it will be really relaxing. 



I have had a couple of Jelly Pong Pong products in various boxes over the years and I can genuinely say that I have not liked one of their products yet. I really like the style of the brand but it just seems really poor quality and cheap. In this box was their Paradise Pigment Lip/Cheek Cream in Cake Pop. I have to say that the product smells really nice and when watched it has a lot of pigmentation in it. It may be a bit bright for me as it's a kind of fluorescent pink but I will still try it. It does seem a better quality compared to the other products I've tried so there may be hope yet! Even if I did like the product, it is a little annoying that for delivery to the UK Jelly Pong Pong charge £4.95 and Birch Box don't have a lot of their products for sale too. 





Next, I got the Absolution Creative Apothecary Le Nettoyant Pureté which is a gel cleanser which claims to get rid of any tightness some people may feel when cleansing. It is mainly made up of natural ingredients and is a gentle way to remove makeup and deeply cleanses. I've never used a gel cleanser but have always fancied it, so I'm excited about this product. 



Finally, I received another skin care product. I thought it was a bit strange to receive two cleansers; personally, I don't mind because I really like trying out skincare but I feel like a lot of people will be a bit disappointed by this. This product is the Aïny Pure Lumière Gommage Pureté Eclat Visage which is a gentle face scrub. You're supposed to use this a couple times a week to help create smooth and radiant skin.  I'm a big fan of face scrubs and go through them so fast so I will no doubt have a review for this product soon. 



So that is officially my Birch Box's finished (genuinely this time!). I've really enjoyed the Birch Box's - there is a lot of great quality products that I have grown to love and bought thanks to the samples in this box. 

Read review one, two and three!


Thanks for reading!

Lorah x


Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x