Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Carrick Spa, Loch Lomond

The 10th of June 2016 marked Ross and I's 5 year anniversary. We spent the whole week at a gorgeous lodge at Loch Lomond; the same one Ross had surprised me with for my 21st last year. The lodge itself is quite remote and so we decided to book a spa day for the day of our anniversary. I have only ever had treatments at beauticians but not an actual spa and Ross has never had a massage, ever (what is with that?!). We picked The Carrick Spa because we have had good experiences with The Cameron House which is the restaurant owned by the same people and we know the brand is professional and high quality. We had a look on the website and decided on the packages that we wanted. 

Note: As you can imagine I wasn't allowed to take any photos from in the actual spa so I've added in any that I managed to take but there aren't very many - sorry!

When arriving at the spa we were greeted by a lovely young girl who then showed us upstairs to another reception. We were given some flip flops and had a quick tour of the spa before being taken through to the changing rooms. The changing rooms were really clean and fancy; there was a section for hair/makeup which provided hairdryers and straighteners, separate toilets, showers, changing rooms and a section just for lockers. In each locker you were provided with the cosiest robe and towel - they were honestly the fluffiest things I've ever felt.



Once ready Ross and I went to explore! We decided to start on the bottom floor and work our way up the 'Thermal Journey'. The ground floor inhabits a standard swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. We didn't try out the Jacuzzi because there were people in it and we were lucky enough to have one back at the lodge so we didn't feel left out!

The middle floor was home to the Hydro Pool, Steam Room, Sauna, LED room and a couple of another style of hot rooms which I can't remember the name of. We both loved the Hydro Pool - it was a large round pool with different sections such as a section for bubbles, one for whirling and another which had a giant tap that gushed water out. The pool was roasting and I felt so relaxed being in there. We went into the steam room which Ross loves but I'm not a fan of them; I always feel like I can't breathe properly.

The top floor is probably my favourite part of the Thermal Journey, it was the Infinity Pool. The Infinity Pool is a medium-sized pool (you could fit about 10 people comfortably) which is heated. The pool is situated at the very edge of the roof, giving you incredible views of the golf course that surrounds you. At one point it was just Ross and me in the pool and it just felt surreal and I felt so lucky to be experiencing it.




Once we had finished in the Thermal Journey, we received a free lunch at the Spa Dining. The offer had described this as a 'light lunch' but it really was anything but. They had so much variety on the menu and you could pick two courses. I chose the Chicken Ceaser Salad and the high tea for dessert and Ross got the Mac N Cheese and the Salted Caramel Profiteroles. The food was delicious and it was such a massive portion!




After our lunch, we had our treatments which were possibly the most exciting part - a real treatment in a real spa! My therapist was a lovely girl called Laura who put my nerves at ease; being a larger person can make you a little nervous about stripping off. Laura was nothing but kind and helpful to me and I really valued that because without knowing she really eased my nerves and make me feel comfortable. I had chosen the 'Nature, Be A Part Of It' package and I'm so glad I did. Laura started off by asking me how I want to feel when I leave either energised, revitalised or relaxed; I chose relaxed and she made up a wee concoction of essential oils and had me smell them, it was lavender I think. She continued by giving me a salt and oil scrub on my back, before asking me to turn round and she did the front side of my body. I was then left to shower off before I received a hot stone massage. I'm not the most experienced in beauty treatments but I can honestly say that it was the best treatment I have ever had. I came out feeling over the moon and so relaxed.

Ross chose the 'Free Me De-Stress Spa Day For Men'; he received a full body deep tissue massage and an Indian head massage. Whilst I can't type for him, I can feedback that he whilst he found it strange to begin with (a stranger touching his body!), once he got into it he found it really soothing. He had a really lovely therapist too and he enjoyed his first treatment. So much that he's asked me to book us another spa day already!

When we were leaving the spa I bought a beautiful candle which had been created especially for The Carrick Spa and the scent was in citrus shores - oh my lord it smells so good. When we got back to the lodge I actually fell asleep for a couple of hours because of how relaxed I was. The plan was because it was our anniversary that we would dress up and have a lovely home-cooked meal but because we were so tired and relaxed we ended up having it in our pyjamas! It was lovely anyway. 



I would really recommend The Carrick Spa for a spa day if you're ever in the area or fancy a wee day trip away - the service and hospitality there was incredible and the treatments were so relaxing and professional. I will definitely be booking again - we're so luckily to have such an incredible place so close to where we live!


Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x