Wednesday 15 June 2016

Empties June 2016

I love reading/watching beauty blogger's 'Empties' because you know that they have used the whole product and have not just been paid to review a product they've never used. I've had a box in the corner of my room for the last couple of months that i've been saving up to share you with all - so here we go!


I used the Avon Advance Techniques Strength and Protect Shampoo because a lot my hair breaks off and falls out in the shower. Whilst I enjoyed using the shampoo (it lathers well and it has a pleasant minty smell) I don't feel like it helped to strengthen my hair. You can usually get this shampoo pretty cheap so I would recommend it as a every day shampoo but don't expect any wonders.


Garnier is a brand that we all know and trust. Although I wasn't impressed with their Ultimate Blends Conditioner; this product contains coconut oil and cocoa butter to restore the sleekness to your hair. I felt like this conditioner stayed in my hair once washed off and made my hair greasy. It was quite a cheap conditioner that I picked up in a rush, so I think I just got what I paid for. This would possibly work better for someone with dry or brittle hair.


Another hair care product and ones that I really liked using are the travel sized bottles of TRESemmé Moisture Rich Shampoo and Conditioner for dry or dull hair. Whilst I don't have dry hair, I do think it's a wee bit dull so I tried these samples that I had lying about. I liked using the shampoo and I really loved the conditioner. My hair smelt incredible for hours after using it and it left my hair feeling so soft and shiny. It really did make my hair look alive again instead of dull and boring. Whilst I loved this product, I know that TRESemmé have lots of great products so I will try a couple more. 


The last hair product I have is the Naobay Protective Hair Mask Volume Conditioner which I received in my first Glossy Box. This was a full-sized product to sample which I loved, it gave me a chance to actually make an informed view about it. This conditioner was nice and I feel it did add a little bit of volume to the ends of my hair; they didn't look as thin and strawy. I have used other conditioners since then which I have felt have worked better but it was a nice product to use. I wouldn't be in a rush to buying it again.


I got the Rituals White Lotus & Yi Yi Ren Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in my first Birch Box. When I was writing my post about that Birch Box I mentioned that I love the Imperial Leather Foam Burst Soaps and I wanted to see how the Rituals Shower Gel matched up the it. On price, Rituals is more expensive at £8.50 for 200ml versus Imperial Leather at £3.00 for 200ml. I genuinely think that the Rituals Shower Gel lathers up better and the scent lingers on the skin afterwards. I think that on a day-to-day basis I will stick to the Imperial Leather Shower Gel but I might buy the Rituals one for when i'm feeling a bit more luxurious! They have an offer on at the moment where if you buy two shower gels you can get one free - a great time to try them out. 



Another product I received in my first Birch Box was the Korres Cleansing Emulsion. This was a nice cleanser to use and despite the product saying 'all skin types' I think it would be perfect for someone with dry skin because it is a really creamy texture. For my oily skin, it didn't work wonders but it did leave my face feeling clean. I don't think i'll purchase again but i'll maybe have a look at other Korres products that would be more suited to my skin type.


I love the line Planet Spa by Avon, all their products feel so luxurious and are great to use if you feel like a good old pamper. I have been using the Fantastically Firming Body Polisher when showering to exfoliate my skin. This is quite an abrasive product so definitely don't use it if you have sensitive skin. I really enjoyed using this and it left my body feeling so soft and smooth - although because of it's brown colour it was a bit of a nightmare to clean it from the shower! It didn't really have any kind of smell to it. Whether it had any firming properties, i'm not sure, but I will look to buy this product again.


The last product I have is the Dove DermaSpa Summer Revived Body Lotion. This is a tinted moisturiser that claims to give you your daily dose of bronze whilst giving your skin the moisture it needs. There is no doubt in my mind that this product does exactly what it says it will do, the only issue I found is that even the fair-medium product was still a little too much for my skin. It would be okay if it built up slowly, but after only one use I was already a few shades darker. Even though this is a moisturiser, I would moisturise beforehand too especially on any dry patches on your body. But aside from that, I really liked this. It smelt amazing and not at all like fake tan and it left my body feeling silky and looking healthy. I will 100% be buying more of this for when the Scottish sun disappears again!


So there you have it, all my Empties from the past couple of months. I really enjoyed doing this post because I got to reflect back and decide whether to add any of these products to my repurchase board on Pinterest.

Thanks for reading!
Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x