Sunday 15 May 2016

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette Review

I love an eye shadow palette. I mean who doesn't? My favourite eye shadow palettes are The Balm Nude'Tude and of course, my trusty Naked Smokey Palette. Even though I probably have every shade under the sun, I love trying out new eye shadows. I really love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eye Shadows so I decided to try some of their powder ones too. This palette really caught my eye. So much so that I was dying for it to be delivered so I could try it out. I mean, look at the picture online:


http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Eyes/Eye-Shadow-Palettes/Maybelline-The-Blushed-Nudes-Eyeshadow-Palette/p/593208
(picture provided by Superdrug.com)

The palette looked beautiful. When I received it, I was actually slightly disappointed as it didn't seem to look as good as it did online. The palette is set out in a really interesting way - it's set out so you can use the neighbouring colours in 2s, 3s or 4s to create the perfect look. It contains all shimmer shades except for a random matte pink. This could just be because the shades are so powdery, the shimmer has spilt onto the other colours.


That brings me to my next point. I was disappointed when I first used these as the fall out was insane. There was just as much, if not more, colour on in the palette as there was on my brush. You definitely need to be as gentle as possible when using these shadows. Saying that the pigment is really good and they blend really nicely. I specifically like using these onto of my Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eye Shadow in the colour Pink Gold. I use that as a base, then pat on 2 (left to right, top row then bottom row) which is a champagne pink. Then I use 11 in my crease and I really liked the effect it gave. I'm not one to use lighter shadows, it's usually darker ones for a smoky look but I'm really loving this look at the moment.

Overall I'm a little disappointed in the products but I can make them work and they blend really nicely. It has been my go-to palette recently and I'm learning to love it. It would just be better if the pans were deeper and if there was less fall out from the colours. For £9.99 I won't be purchasing the other palette in the range as I don't think it's worth the money. 

Thanks for reading!

Lorah x


Please follow me on Bloglovin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x